ORAL HYGIENE CARE
Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they make it possible to eat and speak properly. Good oral health is important to your overall well-being. Daily preventive care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop.
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems.
• Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily
• Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals
• Use dental products which contain fluoride, including toothpaste
• Rinse with a flouride mouth rinse if advised to do so
• Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams
• Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
The following are indications of good oral hygiene:
• Your teeth are clean and free of debris
• Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
• Bad breath is not a constant problem